It is quite normal and common to snore but despite of the fact, it can sometimes be very irritating and embarrassing. Snoring can lead to some health issues and complications like sleep disorders, throat disorders, nasal troubles and even obesity. The severe problems can occur due to lack of oxygen reaching the brain due to snoring.
Complications due to snoring:
- The reduction in the oxygen supply can damage the focus and concentration levels in an individual. This lack of focus can be hazardous to health sometimes especially for those who are more into manual jobs. More often we hear that some person engaged in such kind of jobs have met some accident due to the lack of focus.
- Other cardiovascular issues occurring due to snoring can be stroke and hypertension. The decrease in oxygen reaching the heart makes it to pump harder which in turn results into elevated blood pressure.
- A sleep disorder named as Obstructive sleep apnea is closely related with snoring.
- Snoring causes breathing obstruction which can lead to heart enlargement and even stroke.
- According to the research made, 50% of people who snore have a great tendency of acquiring type II diabetes. The lack of oxygen halts the proper working of pancreas which is the major cause behind diabetes.
Natural remedies for snoring:
- The most important thing to deal with snoring is to have a quality sleep. Now-a-days people are experiencing a lot of stress in professional as well as personal life. It becomes difficult to get a sound sleep. This leads to some problems a person may face in the future. Snoring can be an issue to be taken care of.
- Sleep deprivation is very common in people these days. Being deprived of sleep decreases the mental peace and relief to the brain. So it is very essential to deal with the sleep disorders in order to overcome snoring.
- Exercise is one of the best cures to snoring when done in a proper way. Try the jaw, throat and tongue exercises. The exercises actually open the blockages present in throat and nose in order to unblock the air passages and reduce the snoring.
- Herbal remedies may be a method to unblock the blocked passages. Include ginger, which is an effective herb, in your diet. Use of nasal sprays can be incorporated to deal with snoring. Herbal methods are effective and long term remedies.
Snoring can be a laughing reason sometimes but one should see this as a complicated issue and get rid of it.