Considering snoring as a normal habit is one of the biggest mistakes people usually do. Snoring is a habit which should be stopped as it leads to several health risks. Snoring occurs due to the blockage of the airway passage in the mouth. Due to restricted airflow, some vibrations appear due to which snoring noise is created. This restriction can be due to the various factors like tonsils, lack of exercise (being overweight), nasal stiffness, smoking, sleeping posture, allergy, collapsing nostrils, or smoking.
Health risks associated with sleep snoring:
- Snoring may lead to sleep disorders, nasal problems, obesity or other throat related disorders.
- The snoring can restrict the oxygen flow to the brain which leads to several health risks. Reduced oxygen flow can weaken the concentration level. This reduction in focus can distract people while doing their regular jobs and tasks and sometimes lead to even accidents.
- Other effects of oxygen supply reduction may lead to the cardiovascular disorders like stroke and hypertension. The heart has to apply the extra efforts in order to pump in the less inadequate oxygen levels. Thus blood pressure may increase.
- The breathing problem is itself a disorder and is closely related to the snoring. This breathing problem for a long time may cause cardiac arrest.
- Type II diabetes can be easily developed in a person affected by snoring. Blood sugar level can increase due to the stress developed due to the snoring.
- One of the common disorders is the obstructive sleep apnea which is a consequence of the snoring and also it is associated with the poor sugar control. Thus a person who snores has the risk of getting diabetic along with the sleeping disorder and which make it more difficult to get recovered.
How one can stop snoring:
Here are few steps to stop snoring:
- Keep your head elevated while sleeping by using a thicker pillow.
- Stop the intake of alcohol and sleeping pills.
- Avoid dairy products before going to bed as these can accumulate mucus.
- Try to lose some weight as it will widen the air passages.
- Take a calm and regular sleep.
- Avoid smoking as it causes swelling of nasal passages and throat.
- Try anti snoring nasal sprays.
- Use of nasal strips can widen the nasal passages and reduce snoring.
- If severe, consult a medical professional.
Snoring can affect your sleep as well as others’. So try to get rid of this habit. A product called Snore Zip can is effective to get rid of snoring. To order this product log on to the official website now!!